Follower Overhaul - v0.13.001
Hoo boy. This is a big one!
Reason enough to jump from 0.12 to 0.13 and graduate to NIRVANA. This update is dedicated to the true MVPs of this game: your followers. I've improved the follower screen where you can configure your deck so you can finally click on that right hand side list. And that's not all, there's 77 new cool dudes and dudettes to recruit and play with. A few of which you can see in the title of this post. Let me pick out a few of my favorites:
You will notice that all of these still use recolored versions of the already existing followers. That will make telling them apart a bit hard but will be fixed as soon as Anjin has some time to work on more faces. According to his current schedule he'll be able to devote some time to Nowhere Prophet at the end of this month, so all of you that have backed on THE FACE tier (and sent in their photos) will have to wait a bit longer.
Also note that initially I wanted to add another unlockable class to this update but decided to add more followers instead, postponing THE ECHO to a later update.
As usual: If you're using the itch.io app the game will auto-update, otherwise you'll simply have to re-download!
Anyway, here's the complete changelog for this patch:
- Content: Added lots of new followers
- Content: Add new events for crusaders and cultists
- Content: Added new Keyword Barrier: First time that follower would take damage, remove Barrier instead
- UI: Follower view improved: can click on right side, see wounded dudes, can rename
- UI: Added Debug console to pause menu
- Bugfix: Game will no longer save a broken game when in an error state
- UI: Display wounds on followers in game
- UI: Action Log now has an animation and an indicator in case there are no entries (may help finding that "empty log" bug)
- UI: Displaying rarity of food, valuables etc. now
- UI: Clean up of card text referring to "wounded" or "damaged": Damaged means the follower is not at full health. Wounded means the follower has suffered a wound.
- Balance: Blind Rage cost increased from 2 to 3
- Balance: Lure grants +0/+1 in addition to taunt now
- Bugfix: Followers with fury sometimes had an erroneous keyword icon
- Bugfix: When canceling the equip popup for the prophet the "new equipment" flash would not vanish
- Bugfix: Ensuring that flying followers can not ignore taunt units
- Bugfix: Roadside beggar event granted too many followers
- Bugfix: Game no longer auto saves when crashed
- Bugfix: Background movement was FPS dependent and too fast on high fps
- Bugfix: No longer get draw-pain damage at the start when starting with an almost empty convoy deck
- Bugfix: Fixed linebreak in rock venom description
- Bugfix: Some drone followers were not tagged as drones
And I hope I haven't forgotten anything. So, if you've got any feedback on these changes, do let me know! And don't forget to join the Discord Channel!
Get Nowhere Prophet
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If you had some time to play around with the new followers, I'd love to get some feedback!
I played some, and sadly died just before the end of the first map. There is a huge amount of new stuff all around (skills, followers, effects, items...), all with a way better balance. Well done ! I didn't test enough to have a proper feedback yet, but clearly it's positive (however i already liked the game several months ago). Anyway, i will play more, for sure.
I still have to find time for some proper plays to test the balance. These are all pretty much my initial gut feeling. Plus the enemies don't make use of them yet, so that's gotta change too.